Lebanon Opera House volunteers play a special role as ambassadors of goodwill and are essential to LOH’s success!
- Patron Services—welcoming and directing visitors, answering patrons’ questions
- Box Office Assistance—scanning tickets, distributing tickets at the Will Call booth
- Ushering—assisting patrons to their seats, ensuring house rules are followed
Because the comfort and safety of both our volunteers and patrons are very important to us, these are the basic requirements that are expected of an LOH volunteer:
- The ability to stand for 3-4 hours. Volunteer seating may not always be available.
- The ability to climb stairs
- Tolerance for heights (you may be assigned to the balcony areas)
- Professional, outgoing attitude
- Willingness to keep commitments
At LOH, we appreciate the hard work and commitment of our volunteers! Here’s how your hard work pays off:
- Build your resume
- Learn about the performing arts
- See inspiring performances
- Meet new friends
- Give back to the community
Volunteers are required to arrive at LOH a minimum of one hour prior to the performance for a briefing and to prepare for doors open. Your house manager will provide an orientation with information about your assigned event. We strongly encourage you to sign up for an orientation session in advance of your first assignment, or as a refresher if you volunteer infrequently.
Our volunteers take pride in their appearance, and are easy to find for patrons who require assistance. We ask that LOH volunteers dress appropriately and comfortably within theses guidelines:
- Black slacks or skirt
- White shirt
- Black shoes (no flip flops)
If you have any questions, please contact Assistant Director Mary Gaetz at 603.448.0400 ext. 183, or by email.
LOH is currently not accepting new volunteers. Please check back in the spring for information about how to sign up for new volunteer training and participation. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org