Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Friday, August 3.
The Assistant Director is charged with closely supporting the Executive Director in all aspects of running a non-profit performing arts center with an emphasis on daily operations, box office services and volunteer management. AD also supports customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate understands the importance of practical, day-to-day operations and financial management to the overall success of the organization; is able to be flexible and responsive when prioritizing and executing tasks; produces quality outcomes in an efficient and professional manner; anticipates the needs of the organization and its leadership; has a strong sense of community engagement and a record of excellent customer service and is comfortable with information technology management and, with five years of experience in this position, able to become an executive director of a similar organization.
Box Office Management
- Serve as primary operational liaison with PatronManager, LOH’s Salesforce-based customer relationship management, box office ticketing, fundraising and marketing platform
- Set-up events in PatronManager, generate seating manifests and reports, maintain financial records and manage the presentation of events on LOH’s WordPress-based website
- Reconcile ticket sales, create event settlement sheets and oversee daily accounting procedures
- Schedule and supervise box office staff, assist with high-demand ticket sales periods
- Develop and maintain documentation and training material on box office policies and processes
- Train staff in box office policies, procedures and customer service standards
- Supervise LOH’s volunteer base of approximately 250 people
- Maintain volunteer database and organization systems
- Schedule and oversee house managers and volunteer ushers
- Train volunteers and handle all volunteer communications
General Support of LOH’s Community and Donor Relations Work
- Develop relationships with community arts partners and local non-profits
- Respond to venue rental inquiries and provide estimates when appropriate
- Assist with creation and dissemination of Youth Education Series (YES) materials and evaluations
- Employ PatronManager’s CRM and communication tools to maximize donor engagement and implement cultivation strategies
- Assist with annual campaigns, appeals, solicitations, pledges, donations and acknowledgements
- Compile statistical reports and mailing lists, often at the request of the LOH Board of Directors and committee chairs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Knowledge
- Willingness to work as a cooperative member of a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication to providing quality experiences and top-notch customer relations
- Demonstrated aptitude for database management and systems thinking
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-starting, dependable individual with excellent time management skills
- Passion for the performing arts and a belief in community participation and partnerships
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree required with 2-3 years related experience preferred
About Lebanon Opera House
LOH is prominently situated on the Colburn Park green in historic downtown Lebanon, NH. Since 1924, LOH has served as one of the cultural cornerstones of the Upper Valley region as a vaudville theater, movie house, community gathering place and city hall.
LOH’s 800-seat hall – the largest proscenium theater in the Upper Valley – is a favorite stop for many touring musicians and is coveted by local arts organizations.
In 1991, the City of Lebanon recognized it lacked the capacity to fully achieve the mission of this vibrant facility so the Lebanon Opera House Improvement Corporation, a nonprofit organization, was established.
Today, LOH remains dedicated to presenting high-quality performances in music, dance and theater. Each season, nearly a dozen community arts groups (including Opera North, City Center Ballet, North Country Community Theatre) and students in the Lebanon School District set up residence on the LOH stage. Our house becomes their home and all artists – regardless of age or experience level – have the opportunity to perform on a professional stage with expert technicians and quality equipment.
Lebanon Opera House is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, etc. with respect to employment opportunities.
There are no other employment opportunities available at this time.