NOW HIRING: COMMUNICATIONS AND ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line) by noon on Friday, October 29, 2021.
This is a year-round, full-time salaried position reporting to the Executive Director. The successful candidate must be able to work a variable schedule (which may include occasional evenings and weekends) to meet operational needs. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits and vacation package.
The Communications and Engagement Coordinator will support the mission and work of Lebanon Opera House by assisting with communication, marketing, and community engagement efforts.
This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining social media accounts, website, and all public-facing communication/publicity. This position will shift between coordinating the work of external graphic design and digital marketing consultants and daily hands-on participation in all communications and outreach efforts.
Coordinates, executes, and analyzes all marketing, publicity, and advertising efforts
Assures consistency of LOH brand identity—use of logo, font, colors, tagline—across platforms
Organizes project timelines and editorial calendars, communicates with stakeholders regarding project requirements, status, and deadlines
Identifies promotional opportunities that provide the best ROI and enable LOH to broaden its reach. This will be achieved, in part, through the following:
- Updating content for social media accounts and WordPress website
- Crafting weekly e-newsletters and event-related e-blasts
- Working with consultants/vendors on design and content of posters, print and digital advertising, and signage
- Coordinating the publication and distribution of printed materials
- Analyzing communication campaigns and reporting on effectiveness
Coordinates, amplifies, and expands engagement with community partners. This will be achieved, in part, through the following:
- Increasing and diversifying audiences and community partner organizations
- Promoting events and driving tickets sales
- Orchestrating LOH-wide (and event-specific) storytelling efforts—especially in connection with fundraising campaigns and grant reporting
Serves as staff liaison to the Marketing and Communications Committee (prepares reports, attends meetings, conducts analysis and follow-up, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 1-3 years’ related experience
- Demonstrated social media experience and savvy
- Proficiency in Adobe, InDesign, Canva, Photoshop or similar software a plus. Microsoft Office Suite experience required
- Excellent communication skills and rabid attention to detail—must hate typos!
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical, project management, and communication skills
- Ability to see the big picture and creatively solve problems
- Experience with nonprofit arts and culture sector is helpful
- Desire to make LOH a welcoming space by embracing the diversity regularly found on our stage and in our seats
Lebanon Opera House is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, etc. with respect to employment opportunities.