Lebanon Opera House seeks an outgoing customer-centered Event Manager to join its leadership team. The Manager is the caretaker of the audience before, during, and after public events. This position works collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that every patron and artist experience at LOH is an exceptional one.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Event Manager” in subject line) by noon on June 30, 2021.
This is a year-round, full-time salaried position. The successful candidate must be able to work a variable schedule (which includes evenings and weekends) to meet operational needs. Requests for compensating time and flexible office hours will be accommodated based on LOH’s event schedule.
Commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits and vacation package. Anticipated start date is August 16, 2021.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Event Manager is the warm and friendly face of LOH responsible for planning and orchestrating all front of house operations. Manager will oversee the needs of scheduled events, including pre-event preparation, front of house supervision, patron services, artist relations, and coordinating with other LOH staff to ensure the smooth operation of events. This includes organizing and coordinating house managers and volunteer ushers, and providing direct customer service to patrons and rental clients in attendance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Manager on Duty and oversee front-of-house operations for all LOH events.
- Manage the recruiting, hiring, ongoing training, and scheduling of house managers.
- Manage volunteer usher program with duties to include onboarding, training, and scheduling.
- Act as point-of-contact for facility rentals by coordinating consultations and venue tours, delivering rental quotes, administering contracts, organizing day-of staffing needs, and
completing post-show financial settlements in collaboration with Box Office Coordinator.
- Work closely with LOH’s Facilities Manager/Technical Director to advance non-technical needs such as merchandising, meet and greets, and artist settlements.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Development Relations Manager to assure quality touchpoints with VIP patrons.
- Implement safety and security policies/procedures to protect patrons, artists, and event staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or higher preferred with 3-5 years of management and supervisory experience in arts or hospitality field, or other related management experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional real-time problem solving skills—ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Experience providing direction and supervision to staff, with direct report responsibility.
- Enthusiasm for creating memorable guest and client experiences.
- Commitment to LOH’s focus on arts, education, and community.
- Desire to make LOH a welcoming space by embracing the diversity regularly found on our stage and in our seats.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with PatronManager/Salesforce programs is a plus.
About Lebanon Opera House
Lebanon Opera House is prominently situated on the Colburn Park green in historic downtown Lebanon, NH. Since 1924, LOH has served as one of the cultural cornerstones of the Upper Valley region as a vaudeville theater, movie house, community gathering place, and town hall.
Now, as a thriving year-round presenter of 100+ high-quality performances in music, dance, and theater our doors are open more than 26,000 patrons who experience the transformative power of the arts each season. The scope of our work is even more impressive when you consider that LOH is an independent nonprofit organization which receives no direct funding from the City of Lebanon.
Although deeply rooted in the Lebanon community, LOH’s mission is to serve as a unifying catalyst for community engagement in the performing arts—for people of all ages—throughout the region. What sets LOH apart from other regional arts presenters is its inclusive, community-forward approach.
We are the Upper Valley’s stage—a home for organizations who lack a performance space of their own. A magical space where the impossible becomes possible. A forum where ideas are generated and diverse perspectives are shared. LOH is a classroom, laboratory, and safe haven for creative expression. LOH’s 800-seat hall—the largest proscenium theater in the Upper Valley—is a favorite stop for many national touring artists and is coveted by local arts organizations.
Each season, a dozen community arts groups (including Revels North, City Center Ballet, North Country Community Theatre) and students in the Lebanon School District set up residence on our stage. Our house becomes their home and all artists—regardless of age or experience level—have the opportunity to perform on a professional stage with expert technicians and quality equipment.
Lebanon Opera House is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) organization and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, etc. with respect to employment opportunities.