Jack O’Connell Theater Technical Specifications
- Proscenium opening – 28’10” W X 20’ High
- Back wall from plaster line – 28’
- Back wall from apron – 36’
- Grid at 50’
- Stage left wings 12’ wide and 24’ deep
- Stage right usable – 10’ wide and 15’ deep
- Thrust in semi-circle from about 6’8” at proscenium opening sides to 8’ at center from plaster line. There are two trap doors, one DSR near the lip and the other USC. Both require some planning and consultation before use.
- The stage can be accessed from the green room at both sides.
- The house seats 803 when all seats are in place.
- It is air-conditioned and newly refurbished with new seats, carpet and appointments.
- There is no on stage cross over, if you need this ability you must discuss with Lebanon Opera House Technical Director.
- The rigging is a T-bar system with all line sets on arbors. Loading deck is above stage level.
- Pipe lengths vary: the first 6 pipes are 40’ (they are double purchase as well). From line set #7 to line set #23 they are 44’. #24 and #25 are 38’ (Due to SR Access from Greenroom).
- House Line Set Schedule with measurements from Plaster Line:
- #1 1′ Main Border
- #2 2′ Main Drape/ Travel or Fly
- #3 3′ Legs
- #4 4’ First Electric (Raceway)[15 Circuits 1 to 1 Patch]
- #5 5′ Free
- #6 6′ Free
- #7 7′ Free
- #8 8′ Border
- #9 9′ Legs
- #10 10′ Second Electric (Raceway)[15 Circuits 1 to 1 Patch]
- #11 11′ Free
- #12 12′ Free
- #13 13′ Free
- #14 14′ Border
- #15 15′ Legs
- #16 16′ Third Electric (2 @ 8 circuit drop boxes (need to be hard patched) that can be moved)
- #17 17′ Free
- #18 18′ Black Scrim
- #19 19′ Border
- #20 20′ Fourth Electric (Raceway)[10 circuits (6 circuits 1 to 1 Patch the other 4 need to be hard patched)]
- #21 21′ Free
- #22 22′ Legs
- #23 23′ Free
- #24 24′ White CYC
- #25 24 .5 ‘ Torn Full Stage Black (to mask bleed through CYC)
- There is a truss with 16 circuits rigged at @ 1’ DOWNSTAGE of the proscenium opening.
- The main drape is rigged to fly or travel.
- Maximum drop height to fly out of sight @ 22’-24’ (20’ high better) Batten High Trim @ 40’
- Normal electric trim heights for this stage are between 22’ and 26’.
- For Renters: If you require a different set up for masking please let the Lebanon Opera House Production Manager know before your arrival.
- Black two part drop. (Not rigged to travel) with Fullness
- Black two part drop. (torn along the bottom) with Fullness
- White Cyc
- Four Borders (three in really good shape) No Fullness
- Four sets of black legs with Fullness
- Black scrim
- The fire curtain is automatic release and must be kept clear for all productions. (IE. Nothing hard can break the plaster line)
- There are 92 ETC Source Four bodies with the following selection of lens tubes (there are more tubes than bodies):
- 6-50 Dg
- 30-36 Dg
- 40-26 Dg
- 27-19 Dg
(Only 92 Source Four Bodies)
- 24- Source Four Parnels
- 27-Par 64s
- 4- 2-cell far cyc (1K)
- 4 16″ scoops (1K.)
- 2 FOLLOW SPOTS Altman Comets
- 2 Telrad Spotting Scopes
- All source four instruments are lamped at 575W
- Par 64s at 1K
- 108 in-house dimmers: (ONE DIMMER IS USED FOR HOUSE LIGHTS AT ALL TIMES)
- One ETC 48 Sensor Rack (rated 20 amps per dimmer/ 2.4 kw per dimmer) Circuits 1-48 hard-wired
- One LMI 48 Dimmer Rack (rated 20 amps per dimmer/ 2.4 kw per dimmer) Hard Patched in Basement
- One ETC sensor 12-pack (rated 20 amps per dimmer/ 2.4 kw per dimmer) Powered off of Company Switch onstage, so if Sound needs the company switch, this rack is NOT available.
- Board: ETC Element 60/500.
- LOH does not have the electrical resources to handle more dimmers. It is necessary to realize this and plan to adapt your plot to these specifications. LOH uses GPC (3Pin) for all connectors.
- Focus points for front of house are in the ceiling. Stage and box positions are done from ladders. Electrics on stage and front of stage truss can be focused from an Extension Stick A-Frame.
- The House Rep Plot consists of a 2-color wash from front of house; a 2-color down wash from the stage; high sides from each side provide a single color from either side.
Power for the Stage:
There is a 100A Company Switch on Stage. It is located on the back wall of the theatre on the SL side of the stage. There are also 6 non-dim circuits available nearby: 2 from the front of the stage; 1 stage left; 1 on the back wall; and 2 that feed down from the DSR mid-gallery.
House system includes an Allen & Heath GL2400 32 channel mixing console, DBX equalizers, Yamaha multi effects units and DBX compressors or Behringer X32 console. 4 Meyer UPA 1C mid high boxes, 2 Meyer USW-1 double 15” subwoofers, 2 QSC I-82H front fill speakers and 6 EV monitor wedges. Front of house console is capable of 4 monitor mixes.
Tascam CD player available for audio playback, please have all audio material in CD format. List of Microphones is available from the Lebanon Opera House Technical Director upon request.
For artists with major sound needs we have several sound companies that regularly work with LOH. Please contact LOH’s Production Manager for a list.
There is no orchestra pit at LOH, but a system of 3’6” baffles on the floor in front of the stage is available and can accommodate up to 36 piece orchestras. This option requires the removal of rows of audience seating and must be discussed before tickets go on sale.
25 Music Stands, stand lights and 40 chairs are also available. A Technics SX-PX552 electric keyboard with weighted action is available as well as a Yamaha upright. The floor in front of the stage is carpeted in the area we use as a pit.
Access to the Stage:
LOH’s freight elevator (with a door opening of 5’-5 1/2” wide x 6’-11 1/2” high with internal clearance of 9’ door to door and rated for 5000 lbs) connects directly to the stage and can handle most standard size road boxes etc. LOH also has a 10’x10’ loading door located 12’ above ground which can be reached with a fork lift for loads too big for the elevator (Forklift needs to be rented from an outside supplier so please let LOH Technical Director know well in advance if you are planning to use this door). The door from the elevator lobby to the stage is 7’4” wide and 9’2” high. Please contact LOH Technical Director if your set has extra large pieces.
Stage Hands Union:
LOH has an agreement with IATSE Local 919. LOH’s Production Manager has extensive experience with all aspects of theater, and will be in charge of the crew requirements.
LOH’s Green Room has four dressing rooms suitable for two or three people each. It also has two showers and three toilets. There is a laundry space, with 1 Washer and 1 Dryer, and kitchenette adjacent to the lounge area. Down one flight from the green room are two larger “Chorus” dressing rooms with toilets to accommodate 12 – 20 people. The LOH Production Manager’s office can be used for a production office, equipped with one landline. There is Wireless Internet available and works in most of the building, ask the Lebanon Opera House Technical Director for the password.
There are two local hospitals within five miles of LOH:
Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital
125 Mascoma Street, Lebanon, NH
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon NH