Receive emails with announcements for new volunteer opportunities, lottery draws for popular shows, and notification of upcoming orientation sessions.
All available volunteer opportunities can be found on the Sign Up page. If this is your first time volunteering, please register first. You may also be contacted so we can learn more about your interests and experience.
Volunteering at Lebanon Opera House
Lebanon Opera House Volunteers play a special role as ambassadors of good will and are essential to LOH’s success! Volunteers play several important roles at LOH:
- Patron Services — welcoming and directing visitors, answering patrons’ questions
- Box Office Assistance — scanning tickets, distributing tickets at the will call booth
- Ushering — assisting patrons to their seats, ensuring house rules are followed
Because the comfort and safety of both our volunteers and patrons are very important to us, these are the basic requirements that are expected of an LOH Volunteer.
- The ability to stand for 3 to 5 hours (volunteer seating may not always be available)
- The ability to climb stairs
- Tolerance to heights (you may be assigned to the balcony areas)
- Professional, outgoing attitude
- Willingness to keep commitments
At Lebanon Opera House, we appreciate the hard work and commitment of our volunteers! Here’s how your hard work pays off.
- Build your resume
- View great performances
- Meet new friends
- Give back to the community
- Learn about the performing arts
Volunteers are required to arrive at LOH a minimum of one hour prior to the performance for a briefing and to prepare for doors open. Your house manager will provide an orientation with information about the event you will be assisting with. We strongly encourage you to sign up for an orientation session in advance of your first assignment, or as a refresher if you volunteer infrequently.
Our volunteers take pride in their appearance, and are easy to find for patrons who require assistance. We ask that LOH volunteers dress appropriately and comfortably within theses guidelines:
- Black slacks or skirt
- White shirt
- Black shoes (no flip flops)
If you have any questions, please contact Mark Bradley, Assistant Director at (603) 448-0400 ext. 183, or by email.