Lebanon Opera House Volunteers play a special role as ambassadors of good will and are essential to LOH’s success! Volunteers play several important roles at LOH:
- Patron Services — welcoming and directing visitors, answering their questions
- Box Office Assistance — scanning tickets, distributing tickets at the will call booth
- Ushering — assisting patrons to their seats, ensuring house rules are followed
Because the comfort and safety of both our volunteers and patrons are very important to us, these are the basic requirements that are expected of an LOH Volunteer.
- The ability to stand for 3 to 5 hours (volunteer seating may not always be available)
- The ability to climb stairs
- Tolerance to heights (you may be assigned to the balcony areas)
- Professional, outgoing attitude
- Willingness to keep commitments
At Lebanon Opera House, we appreciate the hard work and commitment of our volunteers! Here’s how your hard work pays off.
- Build your resume
- View great performances
- Meet new friends
- Give back to the community
- Learn about the performing arts
Volunteers are required to arrive at LOH a minimum of one hour prior to the performance for a briefing and to prepare for doors open.
Our volunteers take pride in their appearance. We ask that LOH volunteers dress appropriately and comfortably within theses guidelines:
- Black slacks or skirt
- White shirt
- Black shoes (no flip flops)
Become an LOH Volunteer
Most of our local events and school performances include positions open to the community. Open sign-up sheets can be found here.
Registered volunteers have the opportunity to sign up for the biggest events at LOH. If you are interested, please register here. You will receive information on the orientation session you have selected during registration. Orientation will give you an opportunity to get to know the front of house for a detailed understanding of how everything comes together at showtime. Additionally, you will have a chance to train for specific assignments that interest you the most.
If you have any questions, please contact Mark Bradley, Assistant Director at (603) 448-0400 ext. 183, or by email.